Author Topic: Hurricane Marie  (Read 220 times)

Offline gregb

• 3 Rivet member
Hurricane Marie
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:19:18 PM »

Ken Armour a longtime member of MORE moved home last year to the Caribbean island of Dominica, lets hope that Ken, his family, friends and rovers are all OK.

Greg

Offline BenP

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
Re: Hurricane Marie
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »
Has anyone on the forum heard any news recently from Kenneth?

Offline davep

• M.O.R.E.
  • 5 rivet member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:23:37 PM »
No , I E mailed him on Sept 20 .Maybe when things get back together he might find the E Mail and get back to us . :crossfingers
 Dave P.

Offline jimh

• M.O.R.E.
  • 5 rivet member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:51:15 AM »
Kenneth wanted me to let you all know he and his dad survived, as well as his landrovers. Their house and other buildings didn't do as well. It was a month before there
 was any cell service and most of the island has no electricity. They are running on a generator and have repaired enough to live. All the power lines in his area are down and will be for months so no computer.
jim

Offline gregb

• 3 Rivet member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »
I found this clip on youtube a while ago, I think it's Kens brother, I sent him an email but did not get a reply.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=abiSE8P48nM

Good to hear Ken and his father survived, the devastation must be heart breaking for them, with the amount of tools and equipment he brought with him he's probably better set up than the Gov.

Greg

Offline jimh

• M.O.R.E.
  • 5 rivet member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »
Yes, the youtube video is his brother and he does have lots of bits that are coming in handy,
jim