Author Topic: Labour Day 2012 - Gaspereau Valley  (Read 17690 times)

Offline Firemanshort

• 1 Rivet member
Re: Labour Day 2012 - Gaspereau Valley
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »
What is the chance that Peter will drive that fancy Land Rover he has been building in his garage to this event?

It might be worth it to drive the 20+ hours from Washington, DC to Nova Scotia just to see that thing in the flesh.

(Plus, the food sounds very tempting.....)
:fire_tender
Firemanshort
---------------------------
1980 Stage One 109

Offline Julie & Peter Rosvall

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »
I drove with Peter at Moose Trophy, only a couple of bits to be ironed out, and one minor fire. I would bet he has all that worked out and ready for Labour Day. We've had attendees from the UK, South Africa and western Canada, so Washington is just a short jaunt, the food definitely is worth. Second burger smoking test run after trail scouting tomorrow.

Julie Rosvall

Admin

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 12:46:25 AM »
Well, the V6 109 will certainly be there.
It'a been my daily driver since mid May.
Absoloutly love it!
But yes, there are still things to do, but on the whole, really great.

But don't come to see my truck, come to meet this great bunch of people and enjoy the beutiful Gaspereau Valley.
Food, wine tours, late night fire circle, it can't be beat!

Cheers
Peter

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 03:22:08 PM »
A few memories from past Labour Day Land Rover gatherings.  Hard to believe it is just over a week away.  Trails and food are coming together nicely.  Working on door prizes and site details.  If you know of anyone at a Land Rover related or friendly business who might like to donate a doorprize, let me know.  If you are able to volunteer in the coming week, please drop me a line.

Julie Rosvall
Wolfville, NS
902-691-1493
rosvall@ns.sympatico.ca

Offline colonelchimp

• 4 Rivet member
  • Military 1961 2A LWB soft top Military 90 Hard top
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »
hi there, i am booked up!! :twothumbs me and the 90 have never been before but i always wanted to, i know food etc is all in the booking price, but how much cash should i expect to spend on fuel for trips etc, hard to budget for the unknown, plus will there be people there selling stuff i have a box of stuff to sell, so that would go a long way to helping the fuel costs etc, any info let me know cheers, Dave
Back in UK ...oh well never mind eh!

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »
Obviously every vehicle is different.  We highly recommend that your tank be full on Friday evening, to avoid having to go out for fuel prior to trail run, as all trails are within 2 minutes of home base, and no fuel on route.  While we will be out for much of the day, we actually don't travel that far, so a full tank should do you the two days of offroading.

While there is no official swap meet, feel free to have an informal version, casual, odds and ends on the tailgate style.

Just found out is was cheaper to book three porta potties, rather then ask for a servicing mid weekend, so three it is, I'll place two where they were last year, and the third likely a little closer to the orchard.

Julie Rosvall
Wolfville, NS
902-691-1493
rosvall@ns.sympatico.ca

Offline colonelchimp

• 4 Rivet member
  • Military 1961 2A LWB soft top Military 90 Hard top
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »
 :congrats  thats great, i am looking forward to it, i will bring my tailgate goddies and a full tank, thanks! :twothumbs
Back in UK ...oh well never mind eh!

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
Re: Labour Day 2012 - Gaspereau Valley fine weather ahead
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 11:29:40 AM »
Keeping an eye on the 14 day weather forecast for the Gaspereau Valley area, looking good.  I do wish we had a bit more rain in advance, to keep things lush and green, and water levels high, but I am happy to have sunny weather for the event.

Julie Rosvall
Wolfville, NS
902-691-1493
rosvall@ns.sympatico.ca

Offline Adam and Kristina

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
  • 1972 Series 3, 88, 2 1/4 Petrol
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 12:15:18 PM »
Lush and green would be awesome but a few days of rain before hand could easily make our Saturday medium trails  much more challenging! Personally, that sounds awesome but would be less awesome for others!
The Fleet:
2011 Honda Fit LX - Practical daily driver
2003 Dodge Dakota V8
2015 Yamaha XT250 Dual Sport
1972 Land Rover Series 3, 88", 2 1/4 Petrol (Toast...to be replaced by a 2.5 NA Diesel!!)

Adam and Kristina (Vermeulen) Cruickshank

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 12:02:23 AM »
Registration for Labour Day is going well, we are now neck and neck with last years numbers, and I still have a dozen phone calls and loads of emails in the works to round up the stragglers.  There are few people I don't have contact information for that I'd like to track down.  If your name is on this list, or you know how to reach these folks, please send me a quick email.

Joe & Eileen Doucette
Oliver & Tristen Edwards
Daniel Marcello
Shawn & Kerry South
Tony & Colleen Smith
Eileen Boroski
Jerry & Gemma Shoebridge
Eric Choy
Jake Snow
Ryan Parnell
Kim Groenendyk
Christopher Earl
Conrad Mullins
Brent Pelley
Karen & Barry Poultney
Paul Smith
Neil Fisher

Thanks in advance,

Julie Rosvall
rosvall@ns.sympatico.ca
902-691-1493

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
Final preparations are underway for Labour Day.  Rosie has delivered a disturbing number of pies and other desserts to my house, which is quite distracting.  If anyone wants to register last minute, go for it.  It is going to be an amazing weekend. 

Julie Rosvall
rosvall@ns.sympatico.ca
902-691-1493

Offline ACP30470

• M.O.R.E.
  • 5 rivet member
  • 110 & Lightweight
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »
Almost ready  :yahoo . towbar for the lightweight is done. topping up the fluids and changing the tires tomorrow morning. We hope to be on the road around noon. Sat tracking available at:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0zTIdHTdOEgRt59qqDpThpYy8CjS9BGkp

We will be picking up Jacobs cousin in Lower Sackville along the way. Jay has been looking forward to Labour Day since I took him for a ride in the lightweight in early August  :twothumbs
There are those that lead and those that follow ....Soooooo......... What does the back of a Land Rover look like?

Offline steve1

• 2 Rivet member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
Locky,

Look forward to seeing you at the ralley, Mike and I are coming. Our timeline is a little fuzzy as I have to replace a front axel seal in the rangie. I am waiting for greenpeace to set up pickets in my yard due to the oil shootiing out any time I use the truck (ha ha). If you get there before me, I expect a cold one ready to go! If I magically get there early I will have one prepped for you.
I am really looking forward to the break in work and catching up with everyone.
Steve M
Range Rover

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »
Just got this note from Yum Foods...

Thank you to M.O.R.E. for once again supporting local ! Yum Foods is pleased to supply product to The Labour Day Rally! I wanted to let you know Yum Foods has a facebook page should any of your participants wish to join or learn more about availability throughout the Maritimes of Yum Foods' products !    www.facebook.com/YumBakery <http://www.facebook.com/YumBakery>          We hope you have a wonderful weekend !!

Cheers, Connie Shay-Browning
Yum Foods Limited

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »
At note I received from GT Auto in Ontario....

Dear Julie:

You host a remarkable event. Very exciting moments are on those pictures.

HERE IS THE DOOR CRUSHER for you and guests:
In September, exclusively for you and your guests, we offer 25% OFF retail prices, no TAX, on prepaid orders [shipping regular], to take advantage of this offer your guests have to reference name of your event in e-mail requests only. Please send requests to:
?        info@gtautoshop.com
?        gm@gtautoshop.com

Let me tell you about myself and GT Auto. I am enthusiast and we set-up this business to help other folks like me who loves Land Rovers, adventures and enjoys fruits of one's hands-on projects big and small.

Please use this link to the site. <http://www.gtautoshop.com/html/parts_manual.html>

We can supply from:
?        Land Rover[UK]
?        Terrafirma
?        Exmoor
?        Bearmach
?        Britpart

You can find on-line catalogues:
www.britpart.com <http://www.britpart.com/>
www.allmakes4x4.com <http://www.allmakes4x4.com/>
www.bearmach.com <http://www.bearmach.com/>

Have a wonderful event!

Guennadi Moussienko, P.Eng.