Author Topic: Belarus Tractor  (Read 2201 times)

Offline ex_mod_110

• M.O.R.E.
  • 3 Rivet member
Belarus Tractor
« on: June 18, 2011, 08:42:30 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of Belarus tractors.  Thanks for your input.

Troy
91 Ex MOD 110
92 Defender 110 RHD
96 Disco
04 Disco
89 Range Rover

Offline carib

• M.O.R.E.
  • 5 rivet member
  • Soft Top Rovers Have More Fun
Re: Belarus Tractor
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »
They are Russian made.

Have seen quite a few on KIJI, however knew someone several years ago who had one. He was satisfied with it but did mention getting parts although not impossible was a pain.

Have never owned one though but do remember looking at the drive shaft for the four wheel drive setup and circumference was tiny compared to the 100 series Massey Ferguson or Fordson Major I am accustomed to.

Know there is new technology regarding metals but could never get over how small (circumference wise) that shaft was.

Kenneth
1974 Series III  SWB Petrol
1970 Series IIA SWB Perkins
        Prima Diesel Conversion
1963 Fordson Super Major Diesel
1957 2YBA Ruston Hornsby Diesel
        9 KVA Gen Set

Kenneth Armour

Offline a109

• M.O.R.E.
  • 5 rivet member
Re: Belarus Tractor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
They are Russian made.

Have seen quite a few on KIJI, however knew someone several years ago who had one. He was satisfied with it but did mention getting parts although not impossible was a pain.

Have never owned one though but do remember looking at the drive shaft for the four wheel drive setup and circumference was tiny compared to the 100 series Massey Ferguson or Fordson Major I am accustomed to.

Know there is new technology regarding metals but could never get over how small (circumference wise) that shaft was.

Kenneth

The frontaxle drive in the older Belarus models (the ones you see for sale here) are set upto transmit only 20% of the power so the build can be lighter.
There were a number of build quality issues with Balarus but I imagine that those surviving would have got past that.
Check that the hydraulics work properly and that there are no fuel injection issues.
John