Author Topic: Sweden off road  (Read 2705 times)

Offline dspencer

• M.O.R.E.
  • 4 Rivet member
Sweden off road
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
Todd,

I discovered this web sight while looking at volvo laplanders  a.k.a.  volvo volp. The one forsale in Truro is now under snow.

http://www.swedenoffroad.com/indexen.html

There are a lot of Land Rovers in Sweden and people interested in off road tours.  I see that the club has self driven tours in Botswana (seasonally a very different experience) but not in Cape Breton yet.
                                        -David

Offline Todd Jackson

• M.O.R.E.
  • 5 rivet member
  • Caper on the wrong side of the pond
    • My Hybrid Series 3
Re: Sweden off road
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
David, I could mention Cape Breton to Peter and see what his opinion is.  :rofl

Peter Öjerskog is the organizer of the SOT, that has become successful because of the offroading each day during the tour. Our local club became involved with him just 2 years ago and it's fun to see the different vehicles that take part. He organizes other events throughout the year, but they are not as enjoyable.

I've become more involved with these guys; Sweden Offroad Adventures  Their new forum is hosted on my server here: SOA FORUM  There's loads of pictures to check out at both locations.  :fing02 They've asked me a few weeks ago if I would join them as a trial guide this year. The Spring tour this year has already booked 12 Land Rovers from all over Scandinavia, plus my mate from Coventry.

Yes, I do agree that off road tours are becoming more popular over these parts, but that is most in due from the Governments closing everything down from public use. These tours you find will be on private lands.

Todd.