Author Topic: David Brown 1200?  (Read 11760 times)

Offline Bruce

• M.O.R.E.
  • 3 Rivet member
    • Winter Romp
Re: David Brown 1200?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 12:18:54 AM »
JL,

It's a 4 cyl. 50 hp or so...

Can't find parts down here for it...
Not that I've really needed many...
Someone stole the fuel cap when I
left it in the field for a few weeks.
Have yet to find on.. I can order a
new one but it's over seventy bucks..
I'm using a modified tennis ball at the moment.
Someone down here is breaking a 1200
keep meaning to e-mail him about fuel cap
think I'll do so right now while thinking about it.
I'll post link to his site later in the event you need
parts.
You should be happy with it...
Very much a rugged workhorse.

Oh, don't get your hopes up about Case parts....
Won't be much help I've discovered (at least down here)

Bruce

Offline Bruce

• M.O.R.E.
  • 3 Rivet member
    • Winter Romp
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 12:28:11 AM »
tractor breaker link.

http://tinyurl.com/6n8t3j

Bruce

Offline Brutus

• 4 Rivet member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 03:29:04 AM »
OK, just got back from seeing it, looks pretty good but it has been sitting for years and needs lots and lots of TLC. That and it is freaking HUGE. I figured it would be the same size as a JD 2120, it's bigger. It has a 12 speed trans (4X3), the 2 speed PTO gearbox works great, air ride seat, difflock pedal is stuck in the unlocked position, power steering works great, brakes I did not touch as they were previously seized. It has two rear oil outputs which work (flipping the switch causes the lines to get pressure) but the 3pt hitch will not raise or lower. Is this the stuck valve that I have to deal with? There were several levers and switches and I am not sure which ones operate what for the 3pt hitch, but moving the height control does nothing. The owner has no idea. The clutch sounds like something is loose inside, banging around inside the flywheel housing. I think it lost a spring. Does not sound like a big problem but it has to be split. It is puffing out the crankcase breather, but it starts up and runs fine. I think it is likely a stuck ring due to sitting. All in all a nice old machine with good tin, mostly complete (the main gauge is gone).

I guess I should explain why I need this thing. Well I am farming. Sort of. A friend of mine is leasing a 108 acre farm from the National Capital Commission. It's greenbelt land, which is reserved for agricultural use. We liked the place so much that we are moving there (big old 4 bdrm house on the property). I also get one of the barns for my science lab, so things are good. Dave has a pretty successful vegetable garden that occupies 5 acres but the rest is hay, which is being baled by the neighbour (and carted away), and the place has a 1 mile driveway that needs to be plowed. Dave has specialized vegetable garden equipment (2 wheel tractor etc) but doesn<t have a "real" tractor. Figured a cheap cheap needs work kind of deal might work out good, and this sucker is almost worth the asking price in scrap right now (250$ a ton).

Soooo. I gotta get a trailer  :biggrin

JL

Offline jamie

• 4 Rivet member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 01:19:29 AM »
just remember doesn't matter what the trailor is reg for so if the wieght of the trailer and tractor on your truck excessed your registerd weight whitch is on your reg perm, your pretty much screwed and leaving one there so if the rover is reg for 3000kgs and rover weights 2500 then add a tandom trailor and throw a tractor on it your looking at 4-5 tone on back along, whitch fot will frown against but you cal always bypass the scaly they wouldn't know the diff
1967 diesel RHD
1972 series 2a
2014 LR2